Cough Drops During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is a condition, wherein the expecting mother has to be careful regarding her diet and medication. Whatever the mother consumes, gets absorbed into her body; and reaches the baby's bloodstream, through the placenta. This is how the baby gets the required nutrients for his growth. So, if a pregnant woman consumes any medicine, it reaches the baby's bloodstream too. This makes it important for the expecting mother to be very careful while using medication. Hence, they should avoid use of drugs that are not prescribed by the healthcare provider.
Pulmonary Embolism During Pregnancy
Pulmonary embolism happens to be the leading cause of death during pregnancy. The risk of formation of blood in the lungs increases during pregnancy. This is because, during pregnancy, the flow of venous blood, especially in the leg region, slows down which increases the risk of blood clot formation. Moreover, increased bed rest, less mobility and hypercoagulability, during pregnancy also increase the chances of clot formation. Women with a history of DVT are also at greater risks of getting pulmonary embolism.
Inhaling steam is an effective method used to clearing and soothing nasal passages. It helps in relieving cough and nasal congestion.
Cough Home Remedies - Fast Relief
You must try top 3 home remedies that will help you to get rid of cough, fast & naturally. Also don't forget to check 7 more remedies for wet and dry cough at ...
Cool mist humidifier or a vaporizer can be installed in the bedroom so that you can breathe properly at night.
- Lozenges, cough drops and cough syrups can be taken without prescription.
- However, it is not recommended to use any over-the-counter medications and drugs in case of babies and children.
- Peppermint or eucalyptus oils can also be used to treat cough and nasal congestion.
- It is recommended to consult a doctor before using these herbal remedies.
Is also very important to drink adequate amounts of water and hot liquids like chicken soup; and take sufficient rest in order to recover quickly.
- You smoke, stop it immediately.
- Smoking only aggravates cough, therefore, it is wise to get rid of it completely.
Fever, cough and infections can be prevented to a large extent by having a balanced diet and maintaining hygiene. Although these are not serious symptoms, you should not ignore them, because if left untreated, they can turn chronic. Take care!
Klebsiella pneumoniae infection is caused when the organism is able to enter the lungs. They gain entry into the body by eating unwashed vegetables and drinking contaminated water. Most of the time, a Klebsiella pneumoniae infection is very common in patients with underlying diseases like diabetes, chronic lung diseases, chronic alcoholics, etc. It is mostly a nosocomial infection that occurs in hospitalized patients with weakened immune system.
Medication and Pregnancy
So, extra care has to be taken while using medicines during pregnancy. Though you can use the ones prescribed by your doctor, self medication may prove fatal at times. It cannot be said that all medicines are harmful; because, there are some, which are considered safe. Unsafe medicines, when taken during the first trimester, can affect the fetal development, and may result in birth defects. During the second trimester, the nervous system of the baby can get affected. Medicines taken during the third trimester can cause breathing difficulties in newborns.
Helpful Natural Remedies
Inhaling steam from a tub of boiling water, or having a hot shower helps in loosening the mucus in the throat and sinus congestion.
- Drinking lots of water, or at least seven or eight glasses of water everyday loosens phlegm.
- As far as possible, it is best to consume warm water for faster relief from phlegm.
Dairy products, meat, or fried foods increase mucus production in the body, hence they should be avoided.
- Using a humidifier, or cool mist vaporizer at night, especially in winters loosens the phlegm in the throat.
- Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a vaporizer also helps in relieving chest congestion.