Stress Bronchitis: Chronic Cough with Phlegm
Cough is a sudden and repetitive reflex that helps clear the large breathing passages from secretions, irritants, foreign bodies, and microbes. It is important to note that, it is not a disease, but a self-defense mechanism of the body, which is triggered by the presence of unwanted particles in the respiratory tract. Coughing can be a voluntary or an involuntary action. Phlegm is a sticky, slimy secretion, produced to get rid of the foreign body. Phlegm, also called post nasal drip, is a manifestation of cold, sinusitis, and pneumonia, which leads to excessive mucus in throat. All of us have suffered from phlegm, which may be as a result of common cold, bronchitis, or an infection. Chronic cough and phlegm should not be neglected, as it can be a result of a serious lung condition. As a matter of fact, cough with phlegm is better than persistent cough with no secretion, as accumulation of phlegm can lead to chest infection or other health complications.
Symptoms in Adults
The symptoms of upper and lower respiratory tract infection have plenty of similarity but their strength becomes a lot extreme when the lungs get infected. Listed below are the commonly observed symptoms of chest infection:
- Help your child do a salt water gargle.
- To make the solution, simply mix 1/2 teaspoon of table salt in a glass of lukewarm water, and stir.
- Note: Salt water gargle is most suitable for kids aged 4 and above.
Bay leaf is believed to have expectorant qualities. Hence, drinking tea made from these kinds of leaves will make it easier to expel accumulated mucus and relieve congestion. A poultice produced from these kinds of leaves can also be an effective remedy for bronchitis. To produce the poultice, boil water containing these kinds of simply leaves. Now, remove the bay leaves and cover them with a clean cotton cloth. The poultice, hence prepared ought to be placed on the chest to get relief.
- Treatment It is necessary, that the cause of wet cough is detected to rule out any serious medical condition.
- The methods used to diagnose the condition include chest X-rays, sputum analysis, and blood tests.
Dry Cough Remedy for Kids
Mostly, you can relieve your child's cough with the help of some simple self-care treatment measures. However, if your child is an infant, then nothing would be more advisable than taking him/her to a pediatrician.
- Lemons are excellent source of vitamin c, that helps to be able to strengthen the immune system and fight infection.
- So, to ease the symptoms of bronchitis, consuming orange tea will be a good option.
Chest cold is a common expression, which is used to denote the symptoms of bronchitis. It starts with a common chilly or an upper respiratory tract infection; but, soon changes in order to chest overcrowding, accompanied with cough and phlegm. These kinds of symptoms can be really bothersome, especially, during nighttime. This condition is named bronchitis, that is caused by swelling of the mucus lining in the bronchial tubes. The most common cause of acute bronchitis is viral attacks, but, this condition are often caused by fungi or bacteria. Other causal brokers consist of cigarette smoking and also pollutants. A chest cold can be either acute or chronic. While most of the serious cases can be controlled effectively with home remedies, longterm kinds require medical attention.
- Paste of honey and ginger is equally beneficial in reducing dry cough.
- Simply grind some freshly-cut cloves of ginger and mix it with honey, and administer three times a day.
- Pineapple juice is a tasty cough treatment for kids.
- It contains bromelain, an enzyme that helps break down mucus.
Natural Bronchitis Treatment - BronovilBronovil Cough Relief Set includes soothing homeopathic drops and herbal supplement, developed to help target the source of upper respiratory inflamation. Bronovil's ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy lungs and respiratory system, help reducing inflammation and cough and support respiratory health. Lowering inflammation and supporting healing has been proven to eliminate the pain and flare-ups associated with upper respiratory infections.
More Details about This Product »
Case of severe cough, you should have plenty of water and orange juice, until the symptoms are reduced. In addition to this juice fast, you should adopt an all-fruit diet for about 2-3 days. Follow a balanced diet that includes raw or lightly cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, and whole-grain cereals. Avoid consumption of meats, pickles, condiments, processed foods, sugar, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and all products that are prepared from sugar and white flour.
Make a Paste of Basil Leaves and Honey
Give this mixture to your child whenever he/she has a cough. Soak some almonds in water overnight, and the next morning make a paste out of them. Mix this paste with honey, and give it to your child whenever he/she has a cough.
This is a side effect which has now become a common symptom of expectorants not suiting you. You may suffer from sleeplessness or temporary insomnia, due to which you are drowsy and sleepy during the rest of the day. It is however, necessary that a suppressant be prescribed for the nighttime so that the individual may have a peaceful sleep, as he is not disturbed by the constant spasmodic coughing.
Coltsfoot & Myrrh
If you want to opt for homeopathy, then you may make teas with Coltsfoot. Drink this tea 3 times a day, for 2 times. An additional treatment is using Myrrh. Gargle with Myrrh extract and warm water. Myrrh has a cleansing effect on the tonsils and reduces an infection.
- Coughing is the body's natural way of getting rid of foreign substances from the throat and respiratory tract.
- Given that, an occasional cough is normal and means no harm.
- However, a cough that stays for several weeks, does signal something severe.
- A dry cough, also known as nonproductive cough, does not produce any phlegm unlike a wet cough or productive cough.
- In most children, a dry cough is usually minor and relatively easy to treat.
- In some cases, however, it may be otherwise.
- One of the old-fashioned remedies is chicken soup.
- Warm chicken soup is very effective in clearing congestion and getting rid of cough.
- It helps decrease the redness in the upper respiratory tract and clears all of the symptoms of cough and cold.
Home Remedies Remember, even after you have determined the cause, and your cough persists despite making use of the above-mentioned home remedies, it is recommended that you visit a doctor for further treatment.
Sinus Cough Could be an Extremely Irritating Disorder
You being away for some important function, tend to be forced to deal with the handkerchief with all the essential paraphernalia you have been carrying throughout the day. Well, in a galloping age, multitasking will be the norm and that we are bound to abide by it. It could be a distressing behave for you to endure and your partner or colleague to be able to witness; the constant tremors which affect you. Nose cough, nonetheless annoying, is not an disorder to be blasphemously bothered about. There are home remedies that can help you get better. The only hitch is that they are not as easy as taking a pill. You should work a tad more difficult to get permanent results. It can be the negligence and also the laid back attitude that sways us towards shortcuts and averts us from the actual path ways of a healthier tomorrow.
Cough, whether dry or wet, can take a lot out of your child's body. Although, you may not always prevent the condition from affecting your child, you can surely reduce the risks. One of the simple ways of doing it is by maintaining personal hygiene, and helping your kids learn to do the same.
Risks of Whooping Cough
As mentioned above, due to the availability of advanced treatment methods and vaccination, the chances of contracting whooping cough is relatively less. Secondly, due to the same reasons, the chances of death occurring due to whooping cough are further lessened. According to the statistics, deaths occurring due to whooping cough are as low as 0.2% of the total cases. However, this does not mean that there cannot be any possibility of death. As there are reported deaths caused due to this disease, one should be aware of the whooping cough risks and take care in order to prevent them.
- There are high chances of kennel cough being contagious to people who are in close contact with the infected pet.
- On the other hand, people with a weakened immune system, like babies, children or old people are at a higher risk of contracting the disease.
This Is What Happens When You Eat Garlic On An Empty Stomach!
This Is What Happens When You Eat Garlic On An Empty Stomach! - - - Garlic is mainly preferred as a part of many delicious dishes as it adds to the taste, ...
- As it is an airborne disease, cats can also get infected with kennel cough.
- Although cats do not show symptoms like cough, they can have a runny nose and fever.
- Teach your child the proper way to gargle.
- Even better, help him/her practice with plain water first.
- Remember to tell your child not to swallow the saline solution but to spit it out, after gargling with it.
- To stop a sinus cough, you must strictly avoid all those allergens that can increase coughing.
- Smokers should stop smoking.
- Non-smokers should avoid exposure to secondhand smoking.
- There are some foods that increase mucus production.
- They are caffeine, desserts, dairy products, fatty foods, etc.
- When you are suffering from sinus cough, you must either stop eating all these substances or at least minimize their intake until the cough subsides.
- The worst part of a sinus cough is that it worsens at night as the post nasal drip drains at the back of the mouth when you lie done.
- Coughing at night can be controlled by elevating the head with a few extra pillows.
- Constipation Constipation may be one of the side effects of expectorants.
- The inability to have smooth bowel movement may be disrupted for a few days, till the individual consumes the expectorant.
- You may also experience diarrhea, a contrary condition, which affects the gastrointestinal system.
Gargling Three to Four Times a Day is Recommended
If your child has a stuffy nose along with a dry cough, then help him/her sleep with the head slightly elevated. For this, you can use pillows or towels. This will help your child breathe more comfortably and sleep better.
Natural Remedies for Cough
For mild cough, it is always better to utilize the organic cough suppressants. But again, not all treatments are safe to be used continuously for a long time, especially while pregnant. Honey is a natural remedy for cough that can be used by pregnant women. You can honey to a glass of warm water, and drink it to get relief from the particular cough.