Breathing Bronchitis: Chest Congestion and Cough
Chest overcrowding takes place when excess fluid or mucus gets filled up in the chest. It is often associated with cough. The nature as well as kind of cough helps in diagnosing the underlying cause easily.
- Everyone knows that smoking is an unhealthy habit, but taking a decision to quit smoking is certainly not an easy one for habitual smokers.
- The first step involves mustering up the strength or will power to make the decision to quit smoking.
- One needs to understand that risks of smoking outweigh the satisfaction or pleasure associated with smoking.
- Those who quit smoking would certainly be doing themselves a great favor.
- This is your chance to prevent the accumulation of harmful toxins and thus, lower the risks of serious health problems.
- One, however, must be ready to experience smoking withdrawal symptoms for some time.
- Most people complain about coughing up black mucus after quitting smoking.
- Wondering what does this signify?
- Scroll down to find out why one may be coughing up mucus after quitting smoking.
- Mullein Mullein constitutes coumarin and hesperidin, that have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, bactericidal, and fungicidal properties.
- It has been used as an alternative medicine to cure respiratory problems.
- Causes Chest infection is brought on both by the different viruses that have the effect of chilly and flu or even some bacteria.
- Its symptoms are usually seen within 2-3 days when you get the infection and may continue to bother you for the next couple of weeks.
- Gargling with warm brine regularly, can also help to relieve sore throat.
- Just 1 tsp of salt mixed in a glass of warm water is sufficient to alleviate the inflammation in the throat.
Natural Remedies Drinking warm fluids that include water made up of freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey, chicken soup and chamomile tea, can work wonders to alleviate the signs of bronchitis.
Restrict experience of contaminants in the air, like dust, household cleaners, fresh paint gases, chemicals, certain perfumes, and so on.
Asthma Treatment mostly involves identifying triggering factors, and also taking regular asthma medication. Medication is usually of two types; long-term one as well as short-term one. The former kind is perfect for reducing chances of sudden attacks, and the other is for quick settlement to regulate signs in the course of an attack. It is important to know that, if the long-term medications are doing their job, then one may not need to use the short-term ones.
- Treatment: Though, there is no cure for asthma, there are lots of medications and sprays that help within reducing the signs and symptoms.
- Asthma cough is usually treated with medicines.
- Using an asthma inhaler and proper inhaling and exhaling techniques will also help in remedying the signs.
- Slumbering with head in an elevated position also helps in easy breathing.
Now it has to be understood in which a sore throat and dry cough will need about 5 days to become cured totally, but when you use these home remedies for dry cough and sore throat, it helps to speed the healing process and stops unnecessary suffering on account of these kinds of health conditions. Almost all you do now is use these remedies as well as drive those symptoms away. Also, the beauty of these remedies is that they can all be used in combination with no untoward side effects will observe. Nice, huh?
- Basil This herb has antibacterial and antiviral properties, that help soothe an inflamed throat .
- A cup of basil-infused herbal tea is recommended to help clear the mucus from the nose.
- However, this herb is not advisable for pregnant women.
To avoid digestive/circulatory system problems, you should try to maintain your weight within the normal range for your height. You should control high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes with the help of balanced diet, exercises and prescribed medications. Those diagnosed with asthma should stay away from very cold air, excessive exercise, exposure to allergens and infections. Cigarette smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol affect the health of the lungs and heart.
So, You Should Quit Smoking and Stop Alcohol Abuse Too
A healthy diet low in saturated and hydrogenated fats helps keep away diseases and disorders. A cholesterol-free diet that is high in starches (complex carbohydrates) and fiber (fruits and vegetables) helps maintain the health of the heart. The doctor may prescribe antianxiety medication but you should learn some stress-relieving techniques like yoga and meditation; because they help manage the stress. Regular exercise and certain breathing exercises like pranayama help improve the health of your heart and lungs. They ensure maximum supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
Herbal Tea If you don't find relief, sip on a cup of any herbal tea you like (such as green tea) that has been flavored with a good amount of ginger, a pinch of black/cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of honey, one or two fresh basil leaves, and a dash of lemon juice. These are all ingredients that have the ability to treat a cough, and when used in combination, are bound to be effective in stopping the coughing fit.
Remedies for BronchitisBronovil Cough Relief Package includes all-natural supplement and homeopathic drops, created to help target the source of upper respiratory inflamation. Bronovil's active ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy lungs and respiratory system, help reducing inflammation and cough and support respiratory health. Now they are all combined into this special cough formula. Minimizing inflammation and supporting healing has been proven to ease the symptoms associated with upper respiratory infections.
Click Here to Read More »
Case of habitual smokers, with considerable lung damage, the wise thing to do would be to enroll in a lung detoxification program. As the accumulated toxins are being removed or coughed out, the color of mucus would start changing. Once the remnants of tar have been removed, the mucus you may cough or spit out would be bereft of black or brown specks. If, however, violent coughing persists or you see blood in mucus after quitting smoking, the wise thing to do would be to consult a doctor at the earliest. Sputum analysis, blood tests, chest X-ray and other imaging procedures would help the doctors assess the extent of damage caused due to smoking. Doctors may also provide you with some tips on tackling the smoking withdrawal symptoms.
- Causes Common Cold / Flu Common cold is a light viruslike infection characterized by a sore throat, cough and runny nose.
- On the other hand, flu or flu is an identical condition like that of common cold; but, fairly serious.
- Symptoms of flu are similar to that of common cold.
- If suffering from either of the illnesses, one may go through chest congestion that sounds like damage of the chest.
A Nutshell, the Particular Vintage Symptoms of Bronchitis are: Treatment
Usually, bronchitis is due to infections, and so, antibiotics are not effective for treating this condition. Hence, initial treatment involves proper supervision of the signs. The patient must get enough relaxation, drink a lot of liquids, and avoid toxic irritants like fumes and smoke. Bronchodilator inhalers, cough suppressants, and also antipyretics (in case of fever) are often recommended for dealing with the symptoms. When the problem is the result of a bacterial infection, medicines bring treatment. Antibiotics may also be prescribed for those with chronic bronchitis and people who smoke, so as to reduce the risk of serious kinds of supplementary infections. Asthma medications as well as bronchodilator inhalers are used for treating bronchitis in asthma patients.
- Quit smoking as it declines the breathing conditions.
- Following stopping, the patient may notice tremendous reduction in phlegm production and respiratory congestion.
Cough suppressants, and clear liquids furthermore form an integral part of the treatment of aspiration pneumonia. As well as most importantly, taking lots of rest is also essential to help the body buy some time to heal itself coming from the illness. In the event, you need to come across some more information relating to this condition, feel free to add it to this article. The actual comment box always awaits your opinions! Take care!
- COPD - A combination of Bronchitis and Emphysema COPD will be a combination of chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Chronic bronchitis will be characterized by irritation and swelling of lungs.
- The airways that link the windpipe and lungs are clogged with thick mucus, called phlegm.
- Treatment plans can be marked with the damage of atmosphere sacs present at the tip of airways.
- This causes trouble in the passage of air through lungs, causing difficulty in breathing.
Cough Drops During Pregnancy Pregnancy is a condition, wherein the expecting mother has to be careful regarding her diet and medication. Whatever the mother consumes, gets absorbed into her body; and reaches the baby s bloodstream, through the placenta. This is how the baby...
A person is said to have developed chronic bronchitis if he/she continues to experience the above symptoms daily and for at least three months. And if this continues for two years in a row, then it is a confirmed case of chronic bronchitis. In this case, the cough becomes more severe than before, and the patient may find it more difficult to breathe as the condition worsens. Other symptoms that may surface include headaches, muscle aches, and cyanosis. Chronic bronchitis is mostly caused due to smoking and not any infections. So, if fever occurs along with the above symptoms, then it may indicate a secondary bacterial or viral infection.
As Mentioned Previously, Asthmatic Bronchitis is Not a Contagious Issues in Itself
However, it should be noted that viral bronchitis can be contagious for 2-4 times. Because the majority of the symptoms of respiratory disorders are more or less related, it is vital to see the physician immediately in case you notice any symptoms. This will help in checking out the exact cause and nature of your signs and symptoms.
Though mucous may be extremely irritating, you ought to be careful about not drying out it too much as it is an essential part of the body's immune system. As far as you possibly can, it is not recommended that one uses over-the-counter cough suppressants, as it may not be the right remedy to relieve your problem.
Gargling with salt water accompanied with, or without turmeric will help in soothing the air passages as well as the tonsils. Coughing upwards phlegm can also be treated by having lemon green tea, or poultry soup because it will help in thinning the mucus and relieving respiratory congestion.
The other ways to be able to treatment a sore throat with turmeric is to take about half a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of salt in to your mouth and then gulp it down with the help of a glass of warm water. Excellent cure to drive away the irritating symptoms.
- Coughing is caused due to sudden irritation in the air passage or as a reflex action for any nervous or a gastric disorder.
- A normal cough will make itself appear upon the production of phlegm, where, the body will involuntarily try to cough up the phlegm.
- People may also suffer from cough after eating ice cream or after eating and drinking other cold food products.
- However, if it happens to be of a chronic nature then this is something that has to be examined without delay.
- Eating raw almonds is another solutions to efficiently to deal with this respiratory infections.
- Healthy things like almonds contain calcium, magnesium, and vitamin e, that play a key role in keeping lung infections in check.
Costochondritis This is a lung disease that causes a lot of burning in the chest and is brought on by the inflammation of the cartilage and bones in the chest wall. When the sternum (the point joining the rib bones and the breast bones) becomes inflamed and irritated, it can cause a lot of pain and can be accompanied by varied degrees of cough. Costochondritis could be brought on by a fungal or bacterial infection and can lead to a severe cough with a burning chest to follow. Other than that, a trauma incident wherein there is an injury suffered that affects the sternum can also lead to an inflammation of the chest, chest congestion and cause bouts of cough and burning sensations in the chest region.
- Treatment: You need to make use of a cool mist humidifier because it helps within loosening the mucus and congestion.
- At the same time, utilizing over-the-counter cough suppressants can also be effective for suppressing the symptoms temporarily.
- That is advised to check with the doctor in the event bronchitis symptoms are noticed, as it cannot be helped by home remedies.
Types of Fungal Lung Infection
Pulmonary aspergilloma affects the open spaces in the body. They occupy the space or cavities in the lungs created by the preexisting lung disorder. In some cases, the infection may also spread to the ear canals and sinuses. The infection often resembles a tangled mass, which consists of fungus fiber, white blood cells and blood clots. When the condition is not treated, it is seen, that the ball grows in size and destroys the lung tissue.
Emphysema Emphysema is a condition in which the elastic fibres which are used to move air in and out of lungs are damaged because of the chemicals in smoke. The arteries present about the lungs are responsible for absorbing the oxygen and then transferring it to the bloodstream by which it can be utilized in the rest of the body. Pollutants in smoking damage the blood vessels and also alter the elastic materials, thus making it difficult for the person to breathe normally. Several other symptoms of emphysema are regular effort, wheezing, tiredness, nausea, and severe headaches.
Bhastrika Pranayam - Pranayama to Control Stress, Bronchitis, Exercise for Stress Relief - English
BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA ! Bhastrika Pranayama in Yoga is said to be a type of breathing exercise. An individual practicing this pranayama will be filled with ...
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is one of the leading causes of mortality in adults and as estimated 100,000 people die each year because of this condition. COPD is a progressive disease, that is, with time the disease progresses, and if left untreated, can cause serious conditions which includes death.
Is better not to utilize cough suppressants, since coughing helps in bringing out the mucus and eliminating irritants from the air passages as well as lungs. However, incessant cough throughout night can be annoying, and hence, such medicines cannot be ignored completely. It is also a good idea to have vaccinated against pneumonia and take the yearly flu shot, right after consulting your healthcare provider.
Phlegm: Telling by the Color
Clear Phlegm: In their original color, phlegm is white. Clear, or yellow mucus looks during the initial stages of illness, or if it is a small situation. This is the phase when the body tries to wash away the invader. Chronic bronchitis, postnasal drip, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) are some of the conditions, which characterize the ejection of yellow-colored sputum. Clear phlegm may suggest infection; however, serious illness may not be clinically determined by means of phlegm coloring alone. Smoking as well as excessive alcohol, too, aggravate the condition.
Now the Cost Comes Into the Picture
When your choice is influenced by cost of the equipment, then you will have to choose a humidifier, because they are less expensive as compared to the vaporizers. Along with the preliminary cost, the cost required to use the equipment can be less, as unlike for the vaporizer, there is no need to be able to boil the water. This in turn helps in saving some costs.
- Remedy # 3 - Gargling with Salt Water Gargling with salt water is one of the most effective home remedies for curing a dry cough and sore throat.
- Take a glass of water and heat it to a temperature that is comfortable enough for you to take into the mouth without burning yourself.
- To this water, add 2 tsp of salt and stir well.
- If the water is too hot, you can add some room temperature water to balance the temperature out.
- Take a swig of the water, look towards the ceiling and start gargling.
- You'll feel the heat spread down to your throat.
- This works in two ways - The salt will destroy the bacterial growth and the hot water will treat the inflammation and scratchiness in the throat.
- One can also mix turmeric in the water and use that solution for gargling.
- Turmeric has medicinal properties that destroy the infection and lead to relief.
- Symptoms Wet cough in itself, is a symptom of an underlying condition.
- Nonetheless, certain other accompanying symptoms can be warning signs of a serious health.
- Hence, check out this symptoms:Treatment
Allergies and Infections
Some people are allergic to certain foods and experience chronic coughs after ingesting those particular food products. This is one of the reasons people experience coughing after having ice cream or other cold food products, spicy, or greasy food. The body is probably not used to the cold or the spiciness hence, it evokes an immune response that results in coughing as soon as you eat. Certain other types of allergies and infections can also cause you to cough after eating. Any infectious disease related to the larynx and esophagus, can lead to a temporary dysfunction of that organ thus causing trouble swallowing food and drink that ultimately leads to choking. This situation can result in a chronic cough after eating any kind of food, irrespective of it being spicy or bland.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
This is a condition that causes chronic cough in the morning in many people. The eruption of acid reflux comes fairly unexpectedly, and there are not many signs that point towards its emergence. But once it arrives, it is hard to chase away, and constantly causes a morning cough. Due to this disease, also known to cause heartburn, the various stomach acids regurgitate into the esophagus. This results in extreme irritation in the throat, and many cases of morning cough are traced back to the presence of this condition. It is a fairly difficult condition to diagnose though, as coughing can be a symptom of many diseases.