Bronchitis Effects: Chronic Bronchitis Effects
Lungs are the respiratory organs of the human body. They contain tube like structures called the bronchial tubes or airways through which the air passes. When the airways are exposed to tobacco, dust, or other chemical substances for a long period of time, it is likely that a person may develop bronchitis.
- SolutionAvoid overeating, sustain a proper plan for eating, avoid eating spicy and slimy foods as well as quit smoking.
- Every one of these will help prevent acid reflux.
- For instant alleviation though, utilize antacids.
- Remedy # 2 - Steaming One of the best remedy for a sore throat and dry cough is to carry through a steaming session.
- Boil a vessel of water and add 3-4 drops of eucalyptus oil in it.
- Then cover the vessel with a towel and go on to take a steam.
- Come up for fresh air every time the steam gets too much for you.
- Continue doing this till the water has cooled down.
- Steaming dislodges the built mucus and pushes it down to the throat.
- This then helps in speeding the healing process.
- The other alternative is to draw a hot bath, add the eucalyptus oil in it and soak for 20 minutes.
Given below is a brief introduction to the types of pneumonia as well as their recovery time information, followed by some general information about this disease.
While flu virus or varicella zoster virus are known to cause pneumonia in children and young adults, this condition can also be caused as a result of bacteria called Streptococcus pneumoniae. Those who contract like bacterial infections are likely to have symptoms this kind of as:
- Know the Causes Common cold, . a frequent cause of acute coughing up of phlegm, especially in the morning.
- Allergies . due to irritants, like dust, pet dander, chemical fumes, etc.
Eating Too Fast
Wolfing down large portions of food at one proceed, also can lead to trouble in breathing. Since, you eat hurriedly you give little or no time for your lungs to be able to breathe. This limited oxygen is not enough for the digestion of food, you eat. The end result is shortness of breath, when you are finished with the meat. Hence, it is important that you eat scaleddown portions of food every time and at a slower pace. Eating your meals often, in small portions retains several digestion problems at bay.
- Remedy: Lowering the serving of the prescribed medicine may help to avoid these types of unwanted side effects.
- Nonetheless, if the 'chills' still trouble you, it's time to change the medicine and look for other alternatives.
Phlegm with Blood: Blood may appear in the sputum if you smoke excessively, or are exposed to pollution. Besides, coughing up phlegm with blood indicates that there is severe congestion in the respiratory passages, or minor damage to the tissue of the sinus and nasal cavities. However, phlegm with traces of blood must be attended to without delay, as it may be the indicator of an impending health problem. To err on the side of caution, consult a medical practitioner immediately.
How To Cure Bronchitis - Natural Cure For Bronchitis
http://homeremedies9.com/common-remedies/home-remedies-b/bronchitis-home-remedies/ Bronchitis -- How To Cure Bronchitis - Natural Cure For Bronchitis ...
Kennel cough can be caused by viruses and (or) bacteria, but it has been noted that most cases of kennel cough are caused by the bacteria called Bordetella bronchiseptica, which infect the windpipe of dogs (bordetellosis). Among the viral agents of this disease, parainfluenza virus is the most common. Dogs with viral kennel cough may also develop bacterial (Bordetella) infection simultaneously.
Chest burning accompanied by coughing bouts could be an indication of a critical ailment and therefore, dismissing it is neither wise nor suggested. The lungs tend to be located in the torso region and are one of the most important organs of the body. The lungs are responsible for providing oxygen to the body, that is done by breathing in air and converting it into o2. This is then passed on into the bloodstream. They are also responsible for expelling the impure carbon dioxide from the body. Hence, any condition that affects the lungs must be given due consideration because it directly affects our breathing and therefore our overall health. There are a number of health conditions that can lead to coughing and burning in the chest region. Why don't we review these and provide you with the solutions of the same.
Self-care Measures Here are a few self-care measures to be taken at home if the condition does not show any serious symptoms:Things to AvoidWet Cough in Children
Acute bronchitis, in contrast to the chronic one, is not a reason to be concerned. In most cases, simple self-care measures in the home are good enough for its treatment. Mother and father are advised to help their sick child drink more fluids which includes water. Increasing fluid intake, helps in keeping the body hydrated, therefore thinning the mucus and making it easier to cough up. It is important that the affected child gets lots of sleep, since it would help the body heal faster. Aches and pains can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers, however, if children are in consideration, talking to a drug store regarding the medicine would be a safer choice.
Treatment The treatment depends on whether the tuberculosis is latent or active. Treatment takes a long time and can span up to a period of more than 9 months. For latent TB, an antibiotic known as isoniazid (INH) is administered for a period of around 9 months. For active TB, the doctor usually prescribes a combination of four different types of antibiotics, given for a period of around 6 months, which might be extended to continue for another 3 - 4 months if needed. In severe cases, a surgery to remove the affected lung tissues may be required. It is imperative that the patient takes the medicines for the suggested period regularly without missing any dose.
- Allergy As mentioned above, allergy is the most common cause of chest congestion.
- Allergic reaction can be experienced from various airborne products; resulting in cough, rash and occasional congestion.
- People allergic to pollen, smoke, dust, mold, etc., experience these symptoms.
All-Natural Remedies for BronchitisBronovil Cough Relief Package contains all-natural supplement and calming homeopathic drops, developed to help target the source of upper respiratory infection. Bronovil's active ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy lungs and respiratory system, help reducing inflammation and support respiratory health. Now they are all combined into this unique cough formula. Reducing inflammation and supporting healing has been shown to alleviate the symptoms related to upper respiratory infections.
More about This Product »
Basically, nose cough is a symptom of a sinus infection which is also known as sinusitis. In this condition, swelling occurs in the small sinus cavities. It mostly happens when the upper respiratory tract is attacked by viruses like the common cold virus, bacteria or fungi. When the nasal passage receives irritated because of exposure to allergens, dirt, smoke cigarettes or harmful chemical compounds, then too it may lead to nose inflammation and infection.
How Long is Bronchitis Contagious After Taking Antibiotics?
Antibiotics are prescribed to treat bacterial cases of bronchitis. After taking antibiotics, the infection usually subsides completely in 7-8 days. But, antibiotics are ineffective against viral infection and chronic cases of bronchitis. In minor cases, the infection resolves on its own. Once the symptoms subside completely, after completing the course of antibiotics, bronchitis is not contagious.
Can be a Little Different for Children
While older children have the ability and senses to spit out the mucus, younger children will swallow it. This tends to cause upset stomachs and stomach aches. While the infection will not really spread to the stomach, the discomfort for the child will increase. Persistent coughing in children can also be due to whooping cough. Hence, it is very important that one contacts the doctor at the earliest.
- Remedy # 5 - Hot Water Seems too simple?
- Good, that's basically the idea.
- Hot water when sipped throughout the day will keep the throat from drying up, thus preventing the painful bouts of dry cough.
- Other than that it will also act as a means of killing the bacterial growth and providing relief from the pain and inflammation in the throat.
Various lung diseases may also lead to coughing up of blood (a condition known as hemoptysis), skin color taking on a bluish color (due to lack of oxygen in the blood), and most commonly chest pain.
Case of inner bleeding, or if a fungal basketball has formed in the lungs, antifungal medications are of no use since they cannot penetrate this ball. In such a case, the patient may have to undergo embolization, to prevent bleeding, or surgery to be able to remove the fungus golf ball. In case of allergic aspergillosis, dental corticosteroids are known to be effective in reducing the infection. In people with compromised immune system, the main issue has to be addressed.
SolutionTo get this into control, quit smoking in case you are into the habit and try to protect yourself from the experience of these types of harmful substances. Other than that, medication forms just like bronchodilators and other types of pills or even steroids may be prescribed in order to cure the particular burning chest pain.
Cough Syrup with Codeine A cough syrup that contains codeine, is a liquid medication that is prescribed in cases of cough supplemented by mild to moderate chest pain. Codeine is an active ingredient that helps relieve pain, although it does not treat the actual cause of the...
Contributing Elements and Symptoms
Bronchitis identifies the inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes in which perform the essential task of carrying air to and also from the lungs. Viral and bacterial infections are the most common causes of bronchitis. More often than not, the viruses that cause cold and flu are responsible for causing the inflammation of bronchial tubes. Bronchitis may also grow into pneumonia in the absence of prompt treatment.
Tension: This can lead to complete lung collapse, i.e., both the lungs could collapse. The air trapped outside the lung is unable to avoid, and hence, the amount of the air collected goes on growing with every breath. This is a rare condition that builds extreme strain in the chest and may cause shock, reduced blood pressure, and if it gets more severe and is not treated soon, it could cause death.
When to Seek Medical Help?
It is important to contact your doctor if you develop these extreme symptoms: Both cold and flu viruses enter the body through mucous membranes of the eyes, nose, and mouth. Therefore, every time you touch one of those areas of your system you might invade yourself if you have been exposed to a virus. For that reason, it is very important, especially during cold and flu season, to wash your hands frequently and prevent close contact with sick people. To prevent seasonal flu, you can get a flu shot to build up antibodies and provide protection. However, if you do get the flu (either seasonal or swine flu), prescription antiviral drugs such as tamiflu as well as relenza may help. Bed rest as well as chicken soup are good treatment options. In spite of following the aforementioned measures, when you are still feeling bad or even getting a whole lot worse after a couple of days, you should seek medical help.
Side effects of prescription drugs are common, especially when the dose of medicine is incorrect. Anyone put on medications for the treatment of a specific disease, may experience classes of continuous chills but surprisingly the temperature would be normal.
Bronchiolitis Bronchiolitis is really a pathogenic infection that frequently affects children, however, premature infants are definitely at a greater risk of developing this respiratory condition. Trojans are causative agents with regard to bronchiolitis, and more often than not, it is the respiratory synctial virus that is in charge of causing this respiratory condition. Viruses that are responsible for causing influenza could also cause bronchiolitis. The viruses can become air-borne when an contaminated person sneezes or coughs, and also the virus can be transmitted to those who are in proximity to the infected individuals.
Since the immune system of newborns has not developed completely, the symptoms can be quite extreme. For the same reason, children who have not been breastfed are at a greater risk of developing severe symptoms. Though the signs and symptoms are usually mild in the onset, within a couple of days, the child may develop nasal congestion, severe cough, wheezing or fever. Nasal flaring and retraction of intercostal muscles may also occur as a result of labored breathing. In severe instances, the child may suffer from respiratory distress and also the skin may turn bluish as a result of lack of oxygen. Under such circumstances, child may require supplemental oxygen. Inhaled antiviral drugs may also be recommended for dealing with the viral infection. It is believed that children who have problems with bronchiolitis may well develop asthma in future.
(Body Mass Index)
O (airway obstruction) D (severity of dyspnea) E (exercise tolerance)Different methods are used to measure these four factors. Whilst a BMI chart are going to be sufficient to find out the body mass index of a person, obstruction of airways can be assessed utilizing spirometry, which provides the FEV1 value. Severity of dyspnea (shortness of breath) is measured as per the MMRC Dyspnea Level, which provides five levels (0 to 4) on the basis of physical activities that can produce breathlessness. Exercise tolerance is often measured by the 6-minute walk test. The BODE index score can be calculated using the values of these four guidelines. Increased BODE scores will often be linked to higher risk of passing away.
Types of PneumoniaThe lungs tend to be divided into functional units called lobes. If the infection or the inflammation occurs only in a particular lobe it is termed lobar pneumonia; but if a number of patches all over the lungs are afflicted, it is known as bronchial pneumonia. However, pneumonia is more commonly classified as bacterial or viral, on the basis of the causative agent. Apart from this particular, other rare types of pneumonia include fungal, parasitic, idiopathic or noninfectious pneumonia, as well as hope pneumonia.
- Smoking . causes coughing of phlegm that is green, rusty-brown, yellow, blood-stained, or foul-smelling.
- Gastroesophageal reflux, . or bacterial, or viral infections in the lungs, like acute bronchitis, whooping cough, and croup in children.
- Cough, shortness of breath (dyspnea), and wheezing are the most common symptoms which show up in a person suffering from any kind of lung disease.
- Although rare but incidents of stridor (refers to a whistling sound; usually occurs during inspiration).
Leads to episodes marked by a spasmodic pattern of coughing. Directly affecting the pulmonary system, the cough is thick in consistency and varies in color depending on the severity of the condition. In the prodromal stages of the condition, a patient is found to eject yellow phlegm; however, if the condition is not checked on time, the sputum color may change to green, or may be stained with traces of blood.
- Due to the presence of fluid or pus in the lungs, the lungs are not able to perform their duties appropriately.
- The main task of the lungs is to circulate o2 to all the cells in the body, after purifying it from the air.
- Pneumonia limits this functionality of the lungs, and reduces the amount of oxygen that reaches the various parts of the body.
Fennel Tea Made from fennel seed, this kind of drink is also an excellent home remedy to cure a sore throat and cough, each dry as well as successful. Drinking or gargling with a cup of fennel tea helps get rid of the irritation in the throat. It assists to bring down the cough and soothes chest pain which occurs because of ongoing coughing and clearing of the throat. The fennel seeds are seeped in hot water, in addition to cardamom and coriander seeds for extra flavor. It is sweetened with maple syrup, and can be had at regular intervals.
- Yellow Phlegm: It may be possible that the phlegm may change its consistency and color depending on the stage of the condition.
- Yellow mucus is seen in case of a bacterial infection, lower respiratory tract infection, sinusitis, cold, or flu.
- Know that it is the accumulation of inflammatory cells that produce a thick, yellow mucus.
- Besides, the ejection of phlegm becomes very painful and uncomfortable, especially when it thickens.
- Diseases that Affect the Lungs Lung diseases may result from problems in one or multiple parts of the organ.
- Some common examples have been listed below.
- Symptoms of Lung Disease
Garlic: Garlic Contains Antibiotic and Antifungal Properties
Chew on 2 cloves of garlic in the morning and evening. However, the taste of garlic is extremely strong which makes it difficult to chew. So, when you chew garlic, take 1 spoon of honey along with it. But, be warned about the fact that eating garlic can make your breath smell.
- Asthma . is marked by major symptoms, such as coughing, wheezing, and dyspneal breathing.
- Phlegm is coughed out with much difficulty due to which your throat may experience momentary irritation and/or aggravation.
- You should talk to your doctor and find out the exact cause of chest soreness and breathing difficulty.
- This would help design proper treatment.
- CT scan, chest X-ray, ECG, etc. help detect the underlying cause.
- Gargling: This is a very good way to control the tonsils irritation.
- Dissolve one teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water and use this remedy for gargling several times in a day.
- This will rinse the mucus from the throat and reduce the frequency of coughing.
Coughing is a reflex response occurring due to stimulation of the sensory nerves in the inner lining of the respiratory passages. It usually occurs due to blockage in the respiratory passages by inhaling dust particles in the air, or when a morsel of food goes down through the wrong passage. Phlegm or mucus is a thick, jelly-like fluid coughed up from the throat.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a bacterial infection of the lungs. Although the lungs are the most common site for this kind of infection to happen, it can occur in any organ of the body, like the spinal cord, kidneys, or the brain. TB is contagious and can spread to a healthy person from a person infected with it. TB may be either latent or active. A latent type does not show any symptoms until it becomes active.