Chonic Bronchitis: Chest Burning with Cough
Chest burning accompanied by coughing bouts could be an indication of a significant ailment and therefore, dismissing it is neither wise nor advised. The lungs are usually found in the chest location and is one of the most important organs of the body. The lungs are responsible for providing oxygen to be able to the body, that is done by breathing in air and converting it into air. This is then passed on into the bloodstream. They are also responsible for expelling the impure carbon dioxide from the body. Thus, virtually any disorder that affects the particular lungs must be given expected attention because it directly impacts our breathing and therefore our health and wellness. There are a number of conditions that can lead to coughing and burning in the chest region. Let's review these and provide you with the solutions of the same.
Chest Pain of Any Kind is Often Associated With Heart Diseases
Even though it is one of the prominent symptom, chest pain does not always indicate heart problems. Soreness in neck and chest together is very rare. If you take a look at the delimas, you will see that they are not really associated with the chest or neck. Gastric problems can also be responsible for these kinds of signs.
- Bronchitis Bronchitis, a respiratory condition, takes place when the bronchi in the lungs get inflamed as a result of viral or bacterial infection.
- Apart from viral and bacterial infection, there are lots of other causes of bronchitis like smoking as well as having a weakened immune system.
- Chest pain, cough, low-grade fever, pain in the throat and headaches are the symptoms of bronchitis.
Eating Too Fast
Wolfing down large portions of food at one proceed, may also lead to trouble in breathing. Since, you eat hurriedly you give little or no time for your lungs to breathe. This limited oxygen is not enough for the digestion of food, you take in. The end result is actually shortness of breath, when you are finished with your food. For this reason, it is important that you eat more compact helpings of food every time and at a slower pace. Eating your meals often, in small portions retains numerous digestion problems at bay.
Bronchiolitis Bronchiolitis is really a pathogenic infection that generally affects children, however, premature infants are definitely at a greater risk of developing this respiratory condition. Viruses are causative agents regarding bronchiolitis, and more often than not, it is the respiratory system synctial virus that is responsible for causing this respiratory condition. Trojans that have the effect of causing the flu could also cause bronchiolitis. The viruses can become air-borne when an contaminated person sneezes or coughs, as well as the virus can be transmitted to those who are in proximity to the infected individuals.
Since the immune system of infants has not yet developed totally, the symptoms can be quite serious. For the same reason, children who have not been breastfed are at a greater risk of developing severe symptoms. The signs and symptoms are usually slight at the onset, within a couple of days, the child may develop nasal congestion, severe cough, wheezing or fever. Nasal flaring and retraction of intercostal muscles may also occur as a result of labored breathing. In severe situations, the child may suffer from respiratory distress as well as the skin may turn bluish because of lack of oxygen. Under such conditions, child may require supplemental oxygen. Inhaled antiviral drugs may also be recommended for treating the viral infection. It is believed that children who have problems with bronchiolitis may well develop asthma in future.
- SolutionAvoid overeating, sustain a proper routine for eating, avoid eating spicy and oily foods and also stop smoking.
- All these can help prevent acid reflux.
- For instant settlement even though, utilize antacids.
SolutionTreatment includes staying away from the actual triggering factors that lead to asthma, along with several forms of medication just like inhalers and modifiers. It is a must to visit your doctor and get proper medical attention at the earliest opportunity.
- High Body Temperature: This respiratory problem can also bring fever.
- In addition to raised body temperature, the infant may also suffer from headache and overall weakness.
Recovery Time DetailsThe recovery period for pneumonia depends on a variety of factors, the most obvious one being the immunity of the affected person. There are certain medications that are available in order to combat this illness, but these should not be administered without the consent of a doctor. Viral pneumonia will not respond to antibiotics, but bacterial pneumonia can be cured by the use of antibiotics.
- Hytuss This cough medicine is available in a capsule form and also helpful to bring down the cough.
- It contains only guaifenesin which can relieve the discomfort associated with unproductive cough.
- The accumulation of sticky mucus in the lungs as a result of cold or flu, causes chest congestion.
- The guaifenesin ingredient in Hytuss, is quite effective to thin the mucus, so that it can be coughed up easily.
- Cough As we all know, coughing during a lung infection is the body's way of throwing out the accumulated mucus in the respiratory tract.
- In such cases, buying a medicine that contains an expectorant can help to expel the built up mucus in the lungs.
- On the other hand dry cough is treated with a medication containing suppressants, that are known to suppress the cough.
Is observed that taking cough medication that contain antihistamines or iodine are not safe in pregnant women. Even prescription cough medicines contain either dextromethorphan or guaifenesin. On the whole, remember that the overdose of any cough syrup can cause health problems in the unborn baby. So as a precautionary measure, one should first contact a health care provider to know which cough medicine is FDA approved and safe during pregnancy.
Use of Cough Drops During Pregnancy
Cough and cold are only minor health problems, which may sometimes subside without any treatment. However, persistent and forceful cough may lead to miscarriage or may induce labor. If you can manage without medicines, well and good. Otherwise, go through the ingredients before consuming any cough medication. In general, cough drops with dextromethorphan and guaifenesin are considered safe during pregnancy. A combination of both can also be used. Cough medication with pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine may affect the blood flow to the placenta.
- Rest Sore throat can be caused due to muscle strain.
- It happens when you have been talking loudly for a long time.
- In such a case, just rest and avoid talking.
- After resting your throat, you will notice the scratchiness and hoarseness of the throat has reduced.
As pointed out, severe bronchitis usually follows a cold and flu episode. So this may signify that the virus that causes cold and also influenza, activates the infection that inflames the bronchial pipes. Although, a viral infection is the most common offender to be held accountable for the problem, occasionally, a bacterial infection could also come into the picture. Coughing, sneezing, and coming in contact with polluted articles are the modes of transmission for the virus from one person to another. Besides being a result of a viral or bacterial attack, acute bronchitis in children could also be a repercussion of aspirating overseas issues in to the lungs such as smoke cigarettes, ones own vomit, robust acids, fumes, etc.
(Body Mass Index)
O (airway obstruction) D (severity of dyspnea) E (exercise tolerance)Different methods are used to measure these four factors. Whilst a BMI chart is going to be sufficient to find out the body mass index of a person, obstruction of airways can be measured making use of spirometry, which provides the actual FEV1 value. Severity of dyspnea (shortness of breath) is measured as per the MMRC Dyspnea Scale, which gives five marks (0 to be able to 4) on the basis of physical activities that can produce breathlessness. Exercise tolerance is often measured by the 6-minute walk test. The BODE index score can be calculated using the values of these four guidelines. Greater BODE scores are often related to higher risk of dying.
- You should talk to your doctor and find out the exact cause of chest discomfort and breathing difficulty.
- This would help design proper treatment.
- CT scan, chest X-ray, ECG, etc. help detect the underlying cause.
- On the other hand, the only remedy for allergies is to spot the allergens and stay away from them.
- Pneumonia and gastritis can also be treated with medication.
- Mucinex This is yet another FDA approved medicine that can provide a considerable amount of relief from chest congestion during pregnancy.
- This is one ingredient medication and contains guaifenesin.
- Guaifenesin is basically an expectorant that helps in thinning mucus secretions, which can be easily expelled through coughing.
Causes Acid Reflux Acid reflux illness, also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), is actually caused when the acid in the stomach goes back into the esophagus due to improper functioning of the reduced sphincter muscles. There are many causes of acid reflux disease, the important being poor eating habits and smoking. Chest pain, acid reflux disease, irritability in the throat, trouble in breathing in and swallowing, and so on., are the significant symptoms of GERD.
How to stop Coughing Fits Coughing fits can affect you at any time of the day, and may occur for a variety of reasons. It may be a dry cough because you are in a dry atmosphere, or it could be a symptom of another situation such as a tonsils infection, bronchitis, a viral...
Well, this cough medicine is not a syrup nor an oral tablet. It is available as a topical ointment and one has to simply apply it on chest to lessen coughing. It contains medicated vapors that help to relieve cough. VicksVapo drops is also a useful remedy for cough and sore throat.
- Drink Plenty of Fluids Keep drinking a lot of fluids throughout the day.
- Be it soup, tea or plain water.
- Drinking lots of fluids will keep your mouth and throat moist and prevent further irritation to the throat.
One encounters this problem, timely treatment and sufficient rest should be undertaken to be able to recover from this quickly. As a result, it is recommended to check with the doctor right away. Finally, keep in mind that it is prudent to lead a healthy lifestyle in order to stop transmittable, respiratory and other diseases. Take care!
Apart from that, some medicines may cause complications in the mother. It has been observed that, certain medicines induce labor and bleeding. Sometimes, both the fetus and the mother may get affected. In short, wrong medicines can have effects, which can range from mild to severe, and even fatal. An ordinary person without any sound knowledge of medicines, may find it difficult to choose a pregnancy-safe drug; especially for common medical conditions, like cough and cold.
Fennel Tea Made from fennel seed, this particular drink is also an excellent home remedy to cure sore throat and cough, equally dried out as well as productive. Drinking or gargling together with a cup of fennel tea helps get rid of the irritation in the throat. It may also help bring down the cough and soothes torso pain which occurs because of constant coughing and clearing of the throat. The fennel seeds are seeped in hot water, along with cardamom and coriander seeds for extra flavor. It can be sweetened with maple syrup, and can be had at regular intervals.
- Treatment The doctor will decide the treatment plan depending upon the type of infection responsible for causing infant bronchitis.
- In case of a bacterial infection, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics to relieve the symptoms.
- However, as a viral infection cannot be treated with antibiotics, the best option would be to take certain precautions to ease the symptoms.
SolutionTo get this into control, quit smoking if you are into the habit and try to protect yourself from the exposure to these kinds of harmful substances. Other than that, medication types like bronchodilators as well as other kinds of tablets or even steroids may be prescribed in order to cure the actual burning chest pain.
Acute bronchitis, in contrast to the chronic one, is not a reason to be concerned. In most cases, simple self-care measures at home are good enough for its treatment. Mom and dad are advised to assist their sick child drink more fluids including water. Increasing fluid intake, helps keep the body hydrated, thus thinning the mucous and making it easier to cough up. It is important that the affected child gets lots of sleep, because it would help the body heal faster. Aches and pains can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers, but when children come in consideration, contacting a drug store about the medicine will be a safer option.
- Scarring of the lungs is the replacement of lung tissues by fibrous ones, which prevents the inhalation of oxygen.
- The higher the degree of severity of the condition, greater the difficulty experienced by the victim while breathing.
- Scarring affects the effective functioning of the lungs.
- A number of cases have dilated the possibility of lung scars resulting in permanent loss of transportation of oxygen to the lungs.
- Let's first look into the symptoms of this lung disease.
Cough Medicine During Pregnancy
Following are the medications found to be reliable during pregnancy: Robitussin When it comes to relieving cough during pregnancy, Robitussin is a trusted brand. Robitussin is commonly recommended by doctors and pharmacists to reduce cough in pregnant women. Depending upon the cough syrup strength, different ingredients have been added. However, to be on the safer side, doctors often recommend cough medicine that contains only one ingredient. So, go for 'Robitussin plain' as the only ingredient in it is dextromethorphan, which assists to suppress the cough. This ingredient has been analyzed carefully in laboratories and found to be safe for consumption in pregnant women. Studies show that pregnant women taking dextromethorphan in the right dosage does not cause any birth defects. Pregnant women suffering from dry cough can take this medicine.
Apart from the over-the-counter medications and prescription medications, homeopathy could be beneficial for the treatment and cure. Homeopathic treatment should be used to treat dry cough in children as it is free of any side effects. The homeopathic medicines that are consumed include sulfur, rumex crispus, nux vomica, pulsatilla, ipecacuanha, bryonia and ferrum phosphoricum.
- Chest Pain: Tightness in chest during the course of infection, can make the child quite uncomfortable.
- Incessant coughing is primarily responsible for chest pain
For adults who are experiencing pain and burning along with scratchy itchy throat, take a painkiller like ibuprofen or aspirin. However, if you get scratchy throat due to some allergy, then consider taking an OTC antihistamine.
Other Causes Treatment
Undertaking a blood, urine as well as sputum tests; as well as physical examination can help in diagnosing the underlying cause of these symptoms. Any kind of infection in the body is easily identified with the help of these tests.
Tension: This can lead to complete lung collapse, i.e., both the lungs may collapse. The air trapped outside the lung is unable to escape, and hence, the amount of the air collected goes on improving with each and every breath. This is a rare condition that builds extreme pressure in the chest and may cause surprise, lower blood pressure, and if it gets more severe and is not treated soon, that could cause death.
- Caution Always keep in mind these cough medications which provide temporary relief have to be used for a maximum of 2-3 days.
- Using it for a longer duration is certainly not advisable.
- Also, these are over the counter cough medicines and can be purchased without prescription.
- However, consulting the doctor is extremely important, so as to know the exact dosage of these medications.
- Is often said that one should not suffer from any respiratory illness such as common cold or cough during pregnancy.
- This is because the medicine that one uses for treatment can influence the baby's health.
- Pregnant women are extremely worried to take any medicine as they are concerned about its effects on the baby.
- Their concern is indeed feasible as it is observed that certain medications used for the treatment for cough can harm the fetus.
Respiratory problems such as bronchitis and tuberculosis can be treated through medication. Bacterial bronchitis and tuberculosis can be treated with the help of antibiotics. It should be noted that tuberculosis is a contagious disease, thus, it is essential to be diagnosed and treated as early as possible. When unattended, it can show fatal.
Dry drowning is a serious health condition wherein internal drowning of the lungs is caused and should not at all be ignored. Unfortunately, it is a condition that is not known to many. However, after the incident of a 10-year old boy from South Carolina on June 1, 2008, who was supposedly a victim of dry drowning, people are wanting to know more on this fatal condition. Parents and guardians need to take additional care when their babies are in contact with water. Older children too should be watched when in the pool, or near any large source of water. With this article, let us try to understand the term dry drowning, and the symptoms one should be on the lookout for to save their children from suffering due to this silent killer.
Health Tips - Ancient Remedy for Treating Asthma, Bronchitis and chronic lung disease
TREAT ASTHMA, BRONCHITIS AND CHRONIC LUNG DISEASE WITH 1 TABLESPOON OF THIS ANCIENT REMEDY (AFTER EVERY MEAL) Bronchitis, ...
- Allergy Allergies in order to dirt, pollen or certain foodstuff can trigger off different reactions and also signs and symptoms in people.
- Allergic reactions to be able to air pollution of any type usually trigger sore throat as well as chest pain.
- This is known as flying allergy and will end up being caused as a result of smoke cigarettes, pollen or dust.
- Other symptoms of airborne hypersensitivity are itching, sneezing and headache.