Bronchitis Lungs: Why Does Head Hurt When you Cough?
Rather unusual kind of headaches, and stimulated by various kinds of strains for example blowing nasal, crying, laughing, as well as bending over, cough head aches, are usually of two types, viz.: main cough headache and also secondary cough headache. Where primary cough headaches do not harm a person much, and have limited occurrence, secondary cough headaches are usually rather more serious and complex as they are generated by problems associated with the brain, and might require a surgery for treatment.
On the other hand, as is now known that secondary cough headaches are much more serious; altered shape of the brain, or brain protruding along the base of the skull is one of the main reasons for this continual headaches. Many people suffer from pain in the back of their brain while coughing, and hence, they need to understand that they might be having a defect in the configuration of these cerebellum. This problem comes under the category of Chiari malformations. Lastly, a brain tumor can be a key reason to the fact that your head hurts if you cough or sneeze.
Causes A Klebsiella pneumoniae infection is caused when the organism is able to enter the lungs. They gain entry into the body by eating unwashed vegetables and drinking contaminated water. Most of the time, a Klebsiella pneumoniae infection is very common in patients with underlying diseases like diabetes, chronic lung diseases, chronic alcoholics, etc. It is mostly a nosocomial infection that occurs in hospitalized patients with weakened immune system.
Medication and Pregnancy
So, extra care has to be taken while using medicines during pregnancy. Though you can use the ones prescribed by your doctor, self medication may prove fatal at times. It cannot be said that all medicines are harmful; because, there are some, which are considered safe. Unsafe medicines, when taken during the first trimester, can affect the fetal development, and may result in birth defects. During the second trimester, the nervous system of the baby can get affected. Medicines taken during the third trimester can cause breathing difficulties in newborns.
Fatigue and Exhaustion
Usually, toddlers are a bundle of energy. If you find that all of a sudden your tiny tot is showing lack of energy after playing during bath, then it could be the sign of dry drowning. This symptom is often ignored by parents because they feel that their child is just tired after long hours of play.
- Rest Sore throat can be caused due to muscle strain.
- It happens when you have been talking loudly for a long time.
- In such a case, just rest and avoid talking.
- After resting your throat, you will notice the scratchiness and hoarseness of the throat has reduced.
- Scarring of the lungs is the replacement of lung tissues by fibrous ones, which prevents the inhalation of oxygen.
- The higher the degree of severity of the condition, greater the difficulty experienced by the victim while breathing.
- Scarring affects the effective functioning of the lungs.
- A number of cases have dilated the possibility of lung scars resulting in permanent loss of transportation of oxygen to the lungs.
- Let's first look into the symptoms of this lung disease.
You Smoke, Stop It Immediately
Smoking only aggravates cough, therefore, it is wise to get rid of it completely. Fever, cough and infections can be prevented to a large extent by having a balanced diet and maintaining hygiene. Although these are not serious symptoms, you should not ignore them, because if left untreated, they can turn chronic. Take care!
Pulmonary Embolism During Pregnancy
Pulmonary embolism happens to be the leading cause of death during pregnancy. The risk of formation of blood in the lungs increases during pregnancy. This is because, during pregnancy, the flow of venous blood, especially in the leg region, slows down which increases the risk of blood clot formation. Moreover, increased bed rest, less mobility and hypercoagulability, during pregnancy also increase the chances of clot formation. Women with a history of DVT are also at greater risks of getting pulmonary embolism.
- Drinking lots of water, or at least seven or eight glasses of water everyday loosens phlegm.
- As far as possible, it is best to consume warm water for faster relief from phlegm.
Dry drowning in toddlers can be defined as a condition developed as a result of water entering into the lungs of the toddlers. This may suffocate the baby causing death due to lack of oxygen in the lungs. It can happen immediately after the water has entered the lungs or after 24 hours. In some cases, if the damage caused by dry drowning is not properly treated, then symptoms can show up once again after several days and may lead to death as well. Usually, the water gets into the lungs of the toddlers while in the swimming pool or even in a bathtub.
You may be surprised to know that water from the bathtub can cause dry drowning in infants or toddlers. Therefore, you should be alert while giving bath to your tiny tot. Toddlers do not have well-developed lungs, and hence are more susceptible to dry drowning. The condition worsens if the toddler has some lung problems or any other breathing problem, or has been diagnosed with pneumonia or asthma in the past.
- High Body Temperature: This respiratory problem can also bring fever.
- In addition to raised body temperature, the infant may also suffer from headache and overall weakness.
Treatment for chronic bronchitis is decided on the basis of extent of the disease, patient's age, overall health, and tolerance for certain medicines or therapies. Various treatment options include medications and bronchodilators with regard to taken in medications to spread out narrowed air passages in the lungs and reduce inflammation in the bronchi. Regarding breathlessness, the patient should be provided with o2 from portable tanks. In some severe cases, surgical option is recommended. The patient may have to undertake lung transplantation or lung lowering surgery so that you can remove the damaged area of lung. Nevertheless, consult your physician before you go for just about any medical treatment.
How is Primary Cough Headache Treated
If you're suffering from a main cough headaches, your doctor will, at the most, recommend you daily medicine just to avoid hurting, or to reduce the pain. Anti-inflammatory drugs such as indomethacin may help cure this kind of cough headaches. Also, a diuretic called acetazolamide is successful in reducing the fluid within the spinal cord, thereby, reducing the pressure inside the skull which can be construed as the key reason for cough headache.
The difference mainly lies in the part of the respiratory tract that is affected by inflammation. While bronchiolitis is mainly caused by respiratory synctial virus, bronchitis could be caused by varied strains of bacteria and viruses. Well, whatever be the cause, the symptoms are quite distressing and thus, precautionary measures must be taken. Since these conditions are associated with the inflammation of airways, care must be taken to ensure that the surroundings are free of substances that may irritate the airways. Since viruses can become air-borne, and can spread through inhalation of respiratory secretions, one must maintain distance from those who are down with flu or other viral infections. Since people with a weakened immune system are more likely to develop such ailments, one must make the right lifestyle choices in order to strengthen the immune system, so as to promote good health.
Bronovil: Treatment for Upper Respiratory InfectionBronovil Cough Relief Package includes soothing homeopathic drops, and herbal supplement, formulated to help target the source of upper respiratory infection. Bronovil contains the pharma-grade quality botanical active ingredients that have been scientifically developed to work for optimum results. Bronovil's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy lungs and respiratory system, help reducing inflammation and cough and support respiratory health. Now they are all combined into this special cough formula. Lowering inflammation and supporting healing has been proven to ease the pain and flare-ups related to upper respiratory infections.
Click Here to Purchase »
- Peppermint or eucalyptus oils can also be used to treat cough and nasal congestion.
- It is recommended to consult a doctor before using these herbal remedies.
- Pregnancy is a condition, wherein the expecting mother has to be careful regarding her diet and medication.
- Whatever the mother consumes, gets absorbed into her body; and reaches the baby's bloodstream, through the placenta.
- This is how the baby gets the required nutrients for his growth.
- So, if a pregnant woman consumes any medicine, it reaches the baby's bloodstream too.
- This makes it important for the expecting mother to be very careful while using medication.
- Hence, they should avoid use of drugs that are not prescribed by the healthcare provider.
- During the inflammation of the bronchial tubes, the hair just like little structures that are referred to as the cilia cease to work.
- In the normal circumstances, cilia functions as filters, catches and prevent the particular foreign bodies from coming into the lungs.
- This can cause serious problems for asthma patients suffering from serious bronchitis.
- Natural remedies for respiratory disease and asthma treatment may help the patient to get some relief.
- If one of your family member is suffering from this disease, it is necessary for you to avoid contact with his or her belongings.
- Washing your hands with soap or sanitizer is recommended.
- To be able to lessen the risk of acute respiratory disease, you should also think of flu vaccination.
For adults who are experiencing pain and burning along with scratchy itchy throat, take a painkiller like ibuprofen or aspirin. However, if you get scratchy throat due to some allergy, then consider taking an OTC antihistamine.
- Drink Plenty of Fluids Keep drinking a lot of fluids throughout the day.
- Be it soup, tea or plain water.
- Drinking lots of fluids will keep your mouth and throat moist and prevent further irritation to the throat.
- Bronchitis While bronchiolitis usually affects infants, bronchitis could affect children as well as adults.
- Bronchitis is categorized into acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis.
- This condition occurs due to inflammation of bronchial tubes due to inhalation of environmental irritants.
- The airways could also get inflamed due to pathogenic infections.
- When one inhales any irritants or pathogens, the lining of bronchial tubes may swells up, thereby causing the bronchi to become constricted.
- The excessive secretion of inflammatory fluid can give rise to various distressing symptoms.
Acute bronchitis is characterized by sudden or rapid onset of symptoms such as cough, tightness in chest, wheezing, fever, labored breathing or fatigue. Usually, viruses that cause flu or common cold are responsible for causing acute bronchitis. Use of inhaled medications or other drugs can help in alleviating the symptoms of bronchitis. While acute bronchitis resolves within a couple of weeks, chronic bronchitis usually lasts for more than three months. If left untreated, the infection can even affect the lungs.
Heal Your Lungs With This Tea Cough, Asthma, Bronchitis, Infections, And More…
Oregano is a popular herb, used for thousands of years for its powerful culinary and medicinal properties. With its potent antioxidant, anticancer, ...
Thus, one must follow precautionary measures, especially during the flu season. Since fever and production of cough can cause loss of fluids, one must stay well-hydrated. Smoking can make one highly susceptible to bronchitis and other upper respiratory infections, which is why, it would be in one's best interest to refrain from smoking. While inhaled corticosteroids or bronchodilators may help to dilate the constricted airways, anti-viral drugs or antibiotics may help in treating the pathogenic infection.
Use of Cough Drops During Pregnancy
Cough and cold are only minor health problems, which may sometimes subside without any treatment. However, persistent and forceful cough may lead to miscarriage or may induce labor. If you can manage without medicines, well and good. Otherwise, go through the ingredients before consuming any cough medication. In general, cough drops with dextromethorphan and guaifenesin are considered safe during pregnancy. A combination of both can also be used. Cough medication with pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine may affect the blood flow to the placenta.
What Triggers Headaches When You Cough?
Like we all discussed above, cough head aches tend to be of two types, primary and secondary. Although the actual cause for a main cough headaches has not been deciphered but, many medicine veterans claim that, due to increased suppression within the brain, often referred to as intracranial strain, primary cough headache makes means for by itself. Common strains such as head stands, laughing hard, crying an excessive amount of, etc., are some major head ache brings about as a result of extreme anxiety and also over-exertion.
Apart from that, Some Medicines May Cause Complications in the Mother
It has been observed that, certain medicines induce labor and bleeding. Sometimes, both the fetus and the mother may get affected. In short, wrong medicines can have effects, which can range from mild to severe, and even fatal. An ordinary person without any sound knowledge of medicines, may find it difficult to choose a pregnancy-safe drug; especially for common medical conditions, like cough and cold.
Recovery Time DetailsThe recovery period for pneumonia depends on a variety of factors, the most obvious one being the immunity of the affected person. There are certain medications that are available in order to combat this illness, but these should not be administered without the consent of a doctor. Viral pneumonia will not respond to antibiotics, but bacterial pneumonia can be cured by the use of antibiotics.
- Chest Pain: Tightness in chest during the course of infection, can make the child quite uncomfortable.
- Incessant coughing is primarily responsible for chest pain
Apart from the over-the-counter medications and prescription medications, homeopathy could be beneficial for the treatment and cure. Homeopathic treatment should be used to treat dry cough in children as it is free of any side effects. The homeopathic medicines that are consumed include sulfur, rumex crispus, nux vomica, pulsatilla, ipecacuanha, bryonia and ferrum phosphoricum.
Helpful Natural Remedies Inhaling steam from a tub of boiling water, or having a hot shower helps in loosening the mucus in the throat and sinus congestion.
Is also very important to drink adequate amounts of water and hot liquids like chicken soup; and take sufficient rest in order to recover quickly.
What to Do If You Think Your Dog Has Kennel Cough
Once your dog starts to vomit, or once you notice his or her cough is getting much worse, it is imperative to get him or her to the veterinarian as soon as possible as too much vomiting can cause dehydration and become dangerous for your dog. After kennel cough has been diagnosed, your veterinarian may give your puppy an antibiotic. This can upset your dog's stomach, though, and make the vomiting worse, so you may want to ask about vomit suppressants while you're there to avoid another trip to the vet later.
- When you get home, be sure to take the water bowl away from the dog, as gulping water can also upset your dog's stomach.
- Give him or her ice cubes every hour or so, and little bits of food if you can, to keep your furry friend hydrated.
- Most importantly, you must keep your dog away from other dogs while he or she has symptoms.
- As long as the symptoms persist, your dog is still highly contagious.
- Don't spread the misery to other animals; be sure to keep your dog secluded.
- Chest Pain Chest pain is not at all common among toddlers.
- So, if your tot is complaining of pain in the chest, then it is a warning signal that something is seriously wrong.
- This happens because of the pressure created on the chest by the vacuum within the lungs.
- Treatment The doctor will decide the treatment plan depending upon the type of infection responsible for causing infant bronchitis.
- In case of a bacterial infection, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics to relieve the symptoms.
- However, as a viral infection cannot be treated with antibiotics, the best option would be to take certain precautions to ease the symptoms.
- You find any of the aforementioned symptoms in toddlers, then take your baby to the emergency room in your area, without any delay.
- Toddlers can be saved if treatment is done on time.
- Treatment is not possible at home.
- It involves removal of water from the lungs and resuming the supply of oxygen in the lungs.
- The early the symptoms are observed, the better it is for the child.
- Any kind of delay can have serious repercussions on the life of the toddler.
- Cool mist humidifier or a vaporizer can be installed in the bedroom so that you can breathe properly at night.
- Lozenges, cough drops and cough syrups can be taken without prescription.
- However, it is not recommended to use any over-the-counter medications and drugs in case of babies and children.
Causes Chronic bronchitis is not due to any specific organism. Smoking is the most common reason for this disorder. In addition, associated with the, toxic gases, or dirt in the environment can also contribute to this type of respiratory disease. Certain bacterial or viral infections act as the particular triggering aspects. This condition is accompanied by some other pulmonary disorders such as bronchial asthma attack, pulmonary emphysema, tuberculosis, upper respiratory infections, lung fibrosis or sinus problems. People with low opposition due to jeopardized immune system, Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Illness (GERD) or exposure to particular irritants such as textiles, grains or chemical gases are at a higher risk of chronic bronchitis.
Change in Behavior
When toddlers feel any discomfort, it gets reflected in their mood and behavior. You may also find that your toddler may appear confused and is unable to follow your verbal instructions or is getting overly agitated. The problem with toddlers is that they cannot easily express their thoughts and feelings. As a result, emotional changes can be observed in them.
- Home Remedies Inhaling steam is an effective method used to clearing and soothing nasal passages.
- It helps in relieving cough and nasal congestion.
Dry drowning is a serious health condition wherein internal drowning of the lungs is caused and should not at all be ignored. Unfortunately, it is a condition that is not known to many. However, after the incident of a 10-year old boy from South Carolina on June 1, 2008, who was supposedly a victim of dry drowning, people are wanting to know more on this fatal condition. Parents and guardians need to take additional care when their babies are in contact with water. Older children too should be watched when in the pool, or near any large source of water. With this article, let us try to understand the term dry drowning, and the symptoms one should be on the lookout for to save their children from suffering due to this silent killer.
- Secondly, decongestants and cough suppressants are helpful in clearing pulmonary congestion.
- They help in clearing mucus and ease breathing.
- Thirdly, menthol containing cream can also be used to clear congestion.
- You can rub it on your chest or on the nose to ease breathing and prevent cough.
- Apart from these, there are several natural methods that can be equally effective to treat persistent cough.
Dairy products, meat, or fried foods increase mucus production in the body, hence they should be avoided.
- Using a humidifier, or cool mist vaporizer at night, especially in winters loosens the phlegm in the throat.
- Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a vaporizer also helps in relieving chest congestion.